Author Topic: At my wits end.....  (Read 872 times)

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« on: October 22, 2005, 19:01:50 pm »
For the past 2-3 weeks my dd's routine has been all over the place.  She is teething very badly and having alot of discomfort.  I have also started to supplement her with formula due to slight dehydration and she is trying to pull up on her hands and knee to learn to crawl.  ALOT going on for a lo.  However, she WILL NOT go down for a nap without an all out battle.  NOTHING works.  She is getting around 1, maybe 2 30min. naps a day.  SHe is going to bed anytime between 6:00pm and 7:00pm and will wake up 2-3 times at night.  I have started to feed her every 3 hours instead of 4 and she will take a full 5-6 oz per feed. 
I don't know what to do......I don't know if this developmental and will pass and we will go back to the way she was before, or if this is something to be concerned about.  I hate that she is getting so sleep deprived but I don't know what to do......HELP please!!!!
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
At my wits end.....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 19:28:12 pm »
whew!!!  sounds like your dd is just going through a LOT and it's wreaking havoc with her sleep.

the good news is that it will all pass.  the teeth will eventually poke through (or at least stop trying  :roll: ) and she will master the new pulling up & crawling skills.

in the meantime, you will probably want to do the pd part of pu/pd (i'm guessing that during naps you find her trying to pull up?) - check out the pu/pd board for help with techniques to extend her naps.

also, give her lots of chances to practice during the day - help her see what types of things she can pull up on; place nifty looking toys around the room so she wants to reach & go get them.

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy