Author Topic: missed window crying  (Read 1141 times)

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
missed window crying
« on: October 22, 2005, 21:52:08 pm »
I feel like there is such a small "window" of opportunity to put my 14 week old angel/textbook down for naps before he gets VERY upset. This is really the only time that he even crys but when I miss it- boy does he get upset.Also-- I am the only one who can tell at what pt he needs to reach nap time. (and it's still hard sometimes for me)! Will this get better? Not at all trying to rush things it just dosn't seem right.  Also, I hate it because I have two siblings w/new babys and they have chosen to give it a go w/absolutley no scheduling on feeding,naps,ect at all... so when I go to put my lo down I always get "He dosn't look tired" or if he misses the window and starts crying (screaming) while I'm putting him down they say to me "oh, he just dosen't want to go to bed right now". I know that I am his mom and I know whats best but it's just frustrating. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.  :)
Meredith

Offline N Lou

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 64
missed window crying
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:48:06 pm »
Don't worry, it does get easier to spot those cues!!
I had awful trouble getting it right with my ds, sometimes you have to be super observant.  It can often be the smallest of signs and they're very easy to miss.  Just persevere, ingnore unwanted comments and know that you are connecting with your baby.
As your son gets older you will be able to spot the signs before they happen, you just have to have faith in yourself!!
I know how annoying it is when people make comments that contradict your decisions, i get it all the time! :roll:
I either tell them straight or just ignore them, depends what mood i'm in!
Nina Lou

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
missed window crying
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 15:35:52 pm »
Thanks so much for your encouragement & reply.  I definately need to take your advice and be more confident. Being the yougest sister of 3 in my family its hard.  :) Thanks again.
Meredith