Author Topic: 14 months..... Lazy Eater???  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Melsy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 51
14 months..... Lazy Eater???
« on: October 23, 2005, 07:00:47 am »
Hi there,

Aidan is nearly 14 months old.  We started solids at 5.5 months and he did really well with them!  I loved the pureed veggie stage, it was so easy!  We struggled to introduce lumps and I just thought things would get easier as he got older.   :?

Aidan can do some finger foods.  If I give him a biscuit or a cracker, he holds it and eats it.  But when it comes to his actual meals...... I think he is really lazy!!

He NEVER tries to take the spoon from me..... I give him his own spoon everytime I feed him but he never uses it or even try to take mine. If I fill the spoon with his cereal or whatever and try to give it to him, he won't take it or brings his mouth forward and puts his mouth over the spoon so he doesn't have to pick it up or lift it.

I think Aidan has trouble with textures???  He won't eat bread, rice, pasta etc..... it is getting really frustrating trying to keep him eating things!!!

Fruit..... he loves it..... if it's pureed.   :roll:   The only fruit I can get him to eat is bananas.  But even then I have to cut a slice, hand it to him then he eats it.  I have tried water melon, rockmelon, apple etc.... but he just ignores it or smooshes it into his tray or throws it on the floor....  :roll:

Won't eat yoghurt that has "bits" in it.  :roll:   Has to be smooth.

He is going to daycare soon, one that provides food.  I am worried that he will starve, but I am also hopeful that they will have some tricks to get him to eat, or just being around other kids might help him eat better????  Do I have to be tough and say you eat this rice/pasta/sandwich or whatever or else you get nothing??? 

Any advice from you wise mums, or anyone else with ideas of what to try next???  Much appreciated!!

Mel.
DS#1 - Aidan born Sept 2004
DS#2 - Callum born Feb 2008
DD#1 - Eloise born Sept 2009

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSYHndn/]

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 01:36:38 am »
He sounds a lot like Ewan was at that age.  He was also really lazy and was content to just sit back and let me feed him.  It also took us quite a while to make the transition from "baby" food to table food.  I just kept offering and he eventually ate it. 

HTH

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 09:20:32 am »
Hi Mel,

It's frustrating i know....my DD went through this at that age as well :roll: the good news is they do grow out of it.

I used to start off by just cutting up some finger foods like fruit, vegtables or toast and let her experiment with them eventually she started eating them.  I'm afraid at this age they seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to food but i found that persistance worked for me.

I also used to make meals for her that she could just use her hands to eat with like pasta, it did get messy but eventually she came round to the idea of eating by herself with a spoon/fork.

HTH
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]