Author Topic: When to Put in for Nap?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
When to Put in for Nap?
« on: October 23, 2005, 14:19:51 pm »
Hi there. My DD (10 weeks, 3 days) normally takes good naps. Lately she's sometimes been doing the 45 min thing but not always. My question is about how to know really when it's time to bring her in crib (or if we are going outside for that nap, stroller) for nap. If I act on the first or second yawn, often it seems too early and she is still awake and happy. If I wait too long, of course she gets really cranky.

She seems to normally be able to/want to stay awake for 1.5 hours (including E time). Sometimes 1.75, sometimes 1.25.

To help her take good naps and have good A time, should I be acting on 1st or 2nd yawn or wait until she starts to fuss a bit and if moving settings doesn't work, act then?

She is on 4-hour schedule - her own wish!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
When to Put in for Nap?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 20:54:09 pm »
Since young LOs get overtired in the blink of an eye i would act on 1st yawn and then start nwd.

If she is happy in her crib / stroller and can get to sleep on her own, that is a wonderful thing to learn so early.

Hope this helps.