Author Topic: going for outings on Easy.  (Read 1278 times)

Offline TayTay'smummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
going for outings on Easy.
« on: October 23, 2005, 18:10:20 pm »
I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to take your baby out in the car to run errands, doctor visits, trips to see friends, mom and tots groups, etc. I find when I attempt to do this, she wakes up, our routine gets thrown out of sync and she ends up having a really bad witching hour from overstimulation. I try to schedule the outing after her a feeding or when she naps, but we always end up out of sync. It's really frustrating because it happens quite often !  :roll:
Mummy to Miss Taylor (Born Sept.14/05)

Offline B&BMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Ontario Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 03:14:14 am »
Hi Julie

I'm new to the group, only joined today. But your question is a good, one, I would love to know the answer to that as well. I'm hoping the mom's here can shed some light on this for us.

:D
Holly

Also Mom to 5 Angels in Heaven

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 04:01:59 am »
Julie,

If you are the same person I just saw a post from, your lo is 5 weeks old, right?

When Arwyn was very young, we just tried our best to work around her schedule but kept the going out to a minimum or tried to have some "at home days" after a day full of outings. It gets easier as they get older and their routines become more predictable. Also, it becomes easier because they have the skills to cope better as they mature.

It used to really mess Arwyn up if we went out but once we were on a really established routine, I could make it work. I went to the mom & tots drop in and made sure she had a nap there when it was time for her nap. It was shorter than normal but she knew it was time for a nap because I did the same thing at the same time (same lullaby, same position). When I visited friends, she would get her nap too. The only hard part was shopping and in that case, I would just hope she napped in her carriage.

Now, I simply I work around her schedule and on days I can't, I don't worry about it. The key for us was having a really established routine and predictability. We now do all our "outings" between nap #1 and nap #2... Arwyn is able to hold up pretty well and we aim to be home for the naps when possible.

Hope this helps!
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada