Author Topic: 8 week old 4 hour easy  (Read 1296 times)

Offline mummy2bee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:34:25 pm »
hi there,

Kieran is 8 weeks old and has been on a 4 hour E.A.S.Y since we came home from hospital.  He only wants to feed every 4 hours and isn't hungry after 3.  Is there an example of a 4 hour easy for under 4 months?
Cheryl,
Mum to Kieran

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
8 week old 4 hour easy
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 02:08:17 am »
I don't think Tracy has a sample schedule, but Zoe was on a 4 hr schedule earlier than 4 mos as well.  This meant for us, that sometimes there were 2 naps in between feedings.  That is OK.  The main thing is that he isn't using the breast/bottle to fall asleep.  Sometimes too, Zoe then would go 4.5 hrs between feedings to get her nap in.   It's OK to tweak EASY, it happens alot :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline mummy2bee

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 08:12:49 am »
Thanks for that.  He never falls sleep after a feed which is good.  How did your daily routeen look?
Cheryl,
Mum to Kieran

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
8 week old 4 hour easy
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 03:41:31 am »
EEk...I was going to post what it looked like but I don't really remember anymore  :oops:   If/when she took 45 minute naps (usually in the AM), that is usually when she took 2 naps before a feeding pushing one of the feedings back.  HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
8 week old 4 hour easy
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 10:53:17 am »
Marisa (11 weeks tomorrow) is on 4 hour easy too and pretty much always has been although it used to sometimes be 3.5.

Basically she wakes up between 7:15-8 in the morning and we go from there. She is awake for about 1.5 hours include feed time so that means two long naps (2-2.5 hours, although sometimes I too fight the 45 min naps) and one catnap. We still struggle with the catnap but that is OK and normal I understand.

However, in the evening, she only goes about 3 hours. After the 4pm or therabouts bottle, I try to get her to catnap for at least an hour. Often I can only get 30 minutes in, meaning she's really tired and hungry earlier than normal. So that means her dinner bottle is usually only 3 hours after the prior one. She always finishes it though, unless her reflux is really bothering her.

We also don't dream feed - it didn't work for us. So after her dinner bottle around 7 and bed around 7:45/8, we let her go until she wakes us - generally between 3-4 am these days.

HTH.
Karen (Marisa's Mom)
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01