Author Topic: hopefully an insperation  (Read 1093 times)

Offline charity421

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 24, 2005, 14:58:10 pm »
hey there, i have a 5 mo. now and for the longest time i was having problems with him sleeping at nights. his crib was in my room for 4 mo., and he had several props.  his swing, eating to go to sleep, and having to sleep with me at night.  as some of you know i was at my wits end.
last week i put his crib in his room, and was determined to get him to sleep in his crib. and he did, so easily i thought it was too good to be true.  then i noticed that he was waking up less often during the night, and would sleep until later in the morning.
the biggest thing i've noticed lately is that while he still needs me and his swing to go to sleep, he can't sleep in his swing for more than a half hour without waking up.  he's at the point now where he knows he is suppose to sleep in his crib, and actually wants to go to his crib. and i know it's only been a week, and that it's how my little guy works, so don't take this that it will only take a week for you and yours.
we still have a few more issues to work on, but for other mothers out there going through similar problems, i hope that this is an insperation to them that little by little things will get better.  and as i'm learning, he still is going to have bad nights, but so far, they're not as often as they once were. but they do get better!! :wink:   
brandy

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
hopefully an insperation
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 02:43:22 am »
That was sweet of you to share!  Good job :)
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06