Author Topic: When to drop 3rd nap?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline JWB's Mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
When to drop 3rd nap?
« on: October 24, 2005, 16:03:14 pm »
I'm getting ready to start my 5.5 month old on solids and was wondering how that will affect the 4 hour EASY schedule that we're on.  From what I've read, I should feed him a bottle at 7am like normal and then add his breakfast around an hour later. Will solids affect his sleep? And when will I need to drop the 3rd nap? He usually has 2 good naps of 1.5 hours each and then a 45 min. -hour long nap before bedtime. And he usually sleeps 11 hours at night with a dreamfeed at 9:30pm. Thanks so much for your help!

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 02:03:36 am »
Hello,
Solids shouldn't affect his sleep...unless they upset his tummy (I don't think that is common).

As far as the 3rd nap goes, if it isn't broke - don't fit ix  :D   I dropped the 3rd nap when she was able to make it to bedtime without a lot of fuss.  Or if he doesn't go to sleep right away at bedtime.  At first it was a little sketchy with sometimes having to put her down 15-20 minute earlier for bed (she didn't wake earlier). And sometimes I would still have to give her a catnap, but ususally woke her after 30 minutes.  HTH  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline JWB's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 1
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 17:22:21 pm »
Thank you so much for your reply! I'll take your advice and just wait and see what happens since it's working right now for us!

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 03:37:18 am »
:D

Offline sa

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 05:17:02 am »
i dropped DS 3rd nap around 5.5 month when he was fighting really hard of it. as soon as i took him out of the cot he was happy. so i knew it was time to drop it.

but it goes back and forth for a while, so be prepared of that and watch the cues  :wink:
mum to samuel 25JAN05
textbook/angel baby

Offline JWB's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 1
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 17:18:39 pm »
Thank you! He actually slept over an hour at his catnap last night but then woke up early this morning - around 5:30. So I think maybe I should wake him up from his catnap at around 45 minutes, so maybe he'll sleep longer in the morning? Does that make any sense? Thank you!

Offline Noelle

• Eau Claire, WI
When to drop 3rd nap?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2005, 18:02:41 pm »
Makes perfect sense :D    I always made sure (most of the time :wink: ) that there was a 2 hr awake period between the catnap and actual bedtime.  :D