Author Topic: Is 5 months a majic age??!!  (Read 1164 times)

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
Is 5 months a majic age??!!
« on: October 24, 2005, 16:47:17 pm »
Hi me again!!

Still trying to extend LO naps with no luck!!! :?  (up to nearl a month of trying now :shock: )

Anyway i read somewhere that around 5 months babies get better at the transition between sleep cycles, so beating short naps gets easier!!!! anyone found this :D or am i deluding myself :cry:
Alison

Offline Luke-n-Me

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 18:56:39 pm »
I found this with my older one.  Somewhere between 4/5 mos. he just began to be a better sleeper.  He never napped well prior to that so it was heavenly-hope it gets better for you soon!
Nancy

Luke (4-2-03)
Annika (8-30-05)

Offline Arwyn's mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
  • Arwyn -- April 5th, 2005
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 20:37:16 pm »
Alison,

When Arwyn turned 4 months 1 week-ish, short naps started. When she turned 5 months 3 weeks, long naps came back. We now have more long naps than short ones but still work through some 45 min naps on some days (as well as other issues due to developmental stuff). SO... hang in there, there is an end to the short nap era... this too, shall pass. :wink:
Ankie
Burnaby, B.C. Canada

Offline Meg's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 21:06:34 pm »
Yup me too, 3mos 45min nap moster came and by 5 saw improvements and at 6 gone...at least until the next time she needed her A time increased.  But at least i knew what to do this time.

Offline alison toms mum

• Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 14:25:00 pm »
Horray :D so there is light at the end of the tunnel, as none of the things i tried were working i was worried it may never improve... but now i have hope that iff i continue shh pat etc etc it WILL eventually get better :D
Alison

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 15:05:11 pm »
sorry to be the one to not offer hope, but we're still fighting the 30 minute nap monster. I only get one long nap from my lo (if I'm lucky), which one is still not fixed either. But, I've tried, and I know she is sleeping less than she should, 'coz at night also she's sleeping only about 11 hours. So, we just go with the flow now. I leave her in the crib for 20-25 minutes after she wakes up from her first cycle, but if she doesn't go back to sleep, I just pick her up and go about our day. I wish she would nap longer, but can't do much about it.

Sorry, if this was more of a vent.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Offline doodle

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 04:52:57 am »
Sumita,
How old is your baby?  The reason I'm asking is you mentioned your daughter sleeps for only 11 hrs.  Isn't that good?  Does she sleep that long straight through?  I would think if she sleeps that well she may not need the naps (although I may be wrong).  I would love 11 hours!! :wink:

Robbin
Proud mom of Parker
Born August 22, 2005
7 lb 14 oz