Author Topic: issues with food  (Read 1083 times)

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
issues with food
« on: October 24, 2005, 20:33:02 pm »
ds suffers with reflux.when the reflux gets bad(his meds haven't been working for a month.post in reflux forum)he obviously doesn't eat as well.he seems to only want a certain food and will live on this daily.the problem we then have is he gets bored of it.when we try and introduce a new food he will either look at it as if it were poison and push it away or put it to his mouth and gag before it even goes in.we tried putting new foods on our plate but he won't entertain that idea either.for the past month he has lived on mince,veg and potatoes, now he will have potatoes and sausages.i feel quilty always giving him sausages but that's all he will have.it's not the consistency of the food thats bothering him.this happened once before when meds stopped working and we got away with going back to purees and starting over with lumpy food but he was younger.we have tried puree but he won't have it.the foods he hasn't liked i have tried introducing again months apart but still no!he will eat pies,sausage rolls but we don't like giving them too much as they are salty and we have always prefferd to give him home made foods as we know the ingredients.i am at a loss as to how to get him to eat different foods.HELP!!!!!!!
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
issues with food
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 03:34:27 am »
Sorry you r having so much trouble, i can't offer much help but wondered if i could help my sharing what we feed dd.  She too will only eat a few things from her menu and doesn't like much else.

Breakfast:
•   Grain: waffle OR pancake OR muffin OR 2oz Oatmeal
•   2oz yogurt or poached egg
•   2 slices can pear and 1Tbsp jar fruit on waffle/pancake/oatmeal

Lunch/dinner:
•   Grain – ½: Lightly toasted bread  (w/ fruit spread or cream cheese) or 2 crackers or ½ rice cake
•   Protein – 1oz cheese cubes or 1oz Tofu or chicken bits/fingers
•   2oz veg: baby jar or fresh (offer both as she won't eat people veg.

Hope this helps some  :?