Author Topic: swaddling, soother - 3mo  (Read 1355 times)

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: October 25, 2005, 10:58:10 am »
Hi all,

My 3mo DD used to be very hard to settle for naps and at nighttime, took lots of rocking and walking to get her to sleep. Since I started swaddling her and giving her a soother she is quite quick and always falls asleep on her own.

My problem is that recently her hands are getting stronger and she gets herself out of the swaddle, waves them around and wakes herself up. Or the soother falls out and again, she wakes up. Tried leaving her unswaddles few times for naps, but it takes ages for her to fall asleep and eventually I gave in, and off she was in 2 mins!

Do you think I have to wean her off the swaddling and the soother? She feeds well during the day, every 2.5-3hours, and goes for 45mins to an hour nap after some playtime. She goes to bed for the night at about 7.30-8pm, and normally would still wake up every 2-3 hours. I takes long to settle her during the night with the soother, so I feed her instead (still BF-ing) but don't really think it is hunger, more of a comfort thing.

I would love her to sleep through the night, or at least feed every 4 hours!!:) We used to have a great routine of feeding at 11pm, 3am and up at 7am.

Sorry for the long post, hope somebody has some advice. Thanks for reading!
My little princess is 2.5 :) Textbook/Angel/Spirited toddler
My little munchkin is few weeks old and doesn't understnd EASY!

Offline ameekins21

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:03:10 am »
I don't know if this will help but have you tried "The Miracle Blanket." You can order it online or check your local baby specialty stores. My son is a swaddler and has gotten out of every other swaddling blanket but "The Miracle Blanket." It's spendy compared to the other blankets but I think it's the best one on the market. Hope this helps.

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
swaddling, soother - 3mo
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 03:15:44 am »
I personally think she might be having a soother addiction problem.  You say she would probably be happy with just the soother but you feed her because it's quicker.  I would consider weaning the paci and looking into the miracle blanket. 

You could also try pu/pd with the paci, but eliminating that early helps life later on!
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 07:35:12 am »
Thanks for the replies, I'll check out the miracle blanket. She was up every hour last night fussing, and twice fell asleep on her own unswaddled, chewing her hands:)

Offline seaflower

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 08:47:46 am »
The miracle blankets are only for babies 0-14 weeks, or so it says on the web sites that sell them :(