Author Topic: Eating for 4 month old with no DF??  (Read 1027 times)

Offline twoblacklabs

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 25, 2005, 13:11:32 pm »
If you're not doing a dreamfeed, should the EASY schedule be different, or will your LO make up for the extra feed during the other feedings? 

I tried the DF with DS (he's 17 weeks) and he never took to it.  We did it for a few weeks and he would barely eat anything no matter what I did and he would still wake twice more at night.  Now without it, he wakes once and occassionally twice.

Should I feed more often during the day if I'm not doing a DF?

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Eating for 4 month old with no DF??
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 19:13:38 pm »
Waking once, and even twice, per night is very normal for a baby only 4 months old. (Some moms would kill for only one night waking!  :lol: )

My baby fed every 3 hrly EASY until about 8 months old. Each baby is different, so listen to hunger cues, and feed yours when he is hungry.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 20:17:46 pm »
My daughter doesn't get the DF either but she eats every two hours at night and sleeps through the night ( she's 14 weeks old)  I think she sleeps through because she eats so much in the evening.  We end up with 6-7 feeds/day.  I don't know if it will work for you but we're loving it!
Good luck.

Offline Kayna

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 20:52:01 pm »
We do not do the df anymore either. We stopped about 1 1/2 ago and haven't had much of a problem. She does wake up about an hour earlier than she used to but I can handle that as long as it's after 6am. :wink:

We are in the process of switching to 4 hour easy. We sometimes make it to four hours sometimes only 3 or 3 1/2. I'm not too concerned as I would rather keep my supply up. She currently sleeps from about 7:30pm at night until 6ish in the morning. Therefore, I wanna make sure she's still getting all her calories during the day while keeping my production up. So far so good.

She has allergies so I have not started any solids yet (dd is about 4 1/2 months old) but I am considering starting a couple teaspoons of cereal soon.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05