Author Topic: what dipers to use for swimming  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
what dipers to use for swimming
« on: October 25, 2005, 15:32:14 pm »
My LO is due to start her swimming lessons in January. I've already gotten her a couple different suits of different sizes. I bought all of them second hand :)
They are are larger in the bottom for a diper, however I'm not sure what to use when she's in the water. Do I just use her regular dipers under her suit or do I hjave to get special dipers for it?

Thanks
Kimberly

Offline ~tess~

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 15:33:40 pm »
depends on the pool.  some places want the swim disposable diapers.  other want the cloth type you can wash and reuse.  here it differs from each pool on their policy.  ask the place giving the lessons what they want.  my daughter is in lessons now and she has to wear TWO of the cloth style, lol.
~Tess~
DS, 13
DD, 12

Offline Mariek

• Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 15:36:30 pm »
Hi

If you use regular diapers they suck in all the water (because lets face it, that's what they're designed to do) so it makes them totally bottom heavy - good for a laugh, but not much good for staying afloat!

You can get either disposable swim nappies, or reusable/washable swim nappies to use. The disposable one are like pull-on nappies but not so absorbant. The washable ones are like normal pants with a terry towelling lining and a plastic layer in them.

I've used both for Grace any they both work fine. The disposable ones even managed to contain an ill-timed poopey incident until we got out into the changing rooms :)

love
Marie

Offline MaryAnn

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Swimming diapers
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 16:10:29 pm »
I have used the L'il Swimmers for my son.  He started swimming lessons at 5 months - they worked great!  I have continued using them for our own swim times together.  I think however, the biggest key is for your baby to do a "poop" before going - then hopefully there won't be any worries!!!!   :lol:

Offline dkjokisch

• Showing Appreciation 43
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 17:31:00 pm »
We have used the Lil Swimmers too.  I thought they were great, as we were travelling and cloth diapers would have been a hassle.  That said, they may be tough to find at this time of year.  (I just bought some on clearance for next summer, but down here in Florida the swim season is a bit longer.)
Deborah
#3 EDD 07/18/09
B 04/14/07 (ds)
M 01/13/05 (dd)