Author Topic: Activity time for 4 week old?  (Read 1024 times)

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
Activity time for 4 week old?
« on: October 26, 2005, 01:17:07 am »
Hi -

I am asking this for a friend who is having a lot of trouble with her 4 week old dd.  Her dd wants to be held all of the time and my friend is swaddling her but when she goes to lay her down she wakes up crying.  I recommended she talk to her pediatrician to try to rule out reflux as she also seems to start crying hard out of nowhere.  Anyway, my friend was keeping her dd up too long and I just wanted to see what the recommended A time is for 4 week olds.  I was not doing BW when my dd was that old so I don't know the answer.  Any input would be appreciated.  I really want to help my friend out - things are so rough for her right now.  TIA!!!

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 01:24:37 am »
For a four week old, awake time is usually a feeding and diaper change - about thirty to forty minutes.  The rest of awake time is spent staring at the ceiling fan wondering what the heck it is.  It doesn't take much to wear 'em out.  Just let her sleep.  Babies grow when they sleep:D .

Offline ambersmum

• Showing Appreciation 19
  • Juilet - Manchester England
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 15:21:49 pm »
I agree with the post above and would add that I was amazed at that age Activity time seemed so short and looking at my face was so tiring for dd. 'A' time is a bit of a confusing name at that age as it isn't very active!

Offline Lucysmom

• Showing Appreciation 118
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 19:35:27 pm »
Thanks for your advice!  I passed it along to my friend and she is going to try to keep her eye on her dd's awake time.  Thanks again!