Author Topic: Tummy Time activities  (Read 1106 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Tummy Time activities
« on: October 25, 2005, 17:10:30 pm »
My DD is 5 1/2 months old, and has just started really loving being on her tummy.  Problem is, she's still not strong enough to hold toys for very long, and when she does sometimes it gets stuck under her chin (balls) or she overcompensates on her right side.  Not sure why she does this, but she leans heavily on her right arm for support and only reaches for stuff with her left arm.  Consequently, I'm constantly trying to hold the left arm down and get her to reach with her right arm which is not very much fun for either of us.  I'd like her to just watch things for now, and get used to balancing on both arms.  Or to have toys that she can touch with both arms but not move.  I have no toys for her to just watch, nor do I have an ideas of toys she could handle but not grab.    And she's not mobile, so I have to set, and reset toys in front of her and she can't really do anything with them anyway.  They are all the big blocks and rings, etc. which are much more fun on her back.  Anyone have any ideas, or have this same issue?

Offline mthyne

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Tummy Time activities
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 05:10:12 am »
Have you ever seen those water mats?  My sister got one for me for my DD, and now I use it for my DS.  It has lots of bright colors, you fill it with water, and the plastic forms inside (fish in ours) move around when the baby pushes on it.  It gives them something to look at that they can move while on their tummies.
Melissa
Melissa
Mom to Penelope and Alex
er