Author Topic: Problem with Last Nap of the day - almost 7mnths  (Read 1010 times)

Offline loopyloo80

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Problem with Last Nap of the day - almost 7mnths
« on: October 25, 2005, 19:24:55 pm »
HI

My little boy is almost 7 months old, he has always been a terrible sleeper and napper, but we are getting somewhere now.

I have never followed a routine as in the early months I BF on demand, though he has made one for himself now due to an eating (solids) schedule and it does seem to be working. Except for the afternoon nap..

He wakes usually about 7.30am. (He is BF usually between 5/6am and I need to keep the BF early as I am returnng to work and will be leaving the house at 6.45 so need to have fed him before that)
8am - Breakfast
9.30 am ish Nap - usually for 40 mins though sometimes an hour v rarely its for 1.5 hours.
11am Rice cake/Biscuit & Water
12pm Lunch
12.30/1pm Nap again normally for 40 mins
2.30/3pm BF or EBM when i am at work
4pm - Try to nap! Normally he doesnt manage this for at least half an hour of fighting sleep crying crawling around cot etc.. Sometimes I give in and place him in swing which means he naps for 20-25 mins. The only way he will nap well at this time is if I drive somewhere etc
5.30pm Dinner
6.40 Bath & cuddles
6.50 - BF
7pm Sleep

I no longer feed in the night until the early morning feed  he is still waking though but its getting better! He gets water or his Dummy if he wakes.

So any idea how I can sort this nap out, or should I resort to taking him for a walk or a drive?

Also increading the times of his earlier naps ?
I am returning to work next week so I may not be able to do it everytime but as long as I try
thanks
Lorraine and Freddie 6mnths 3 weeks

Diego's Mama

Problem with Last Nap of the day - almost 7mnths
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 22:07:39 pm »
They often fight a third nap at this age, they are getting ready to drop it.

How does he fall asleep for the other naps?  Independently or is he used to a prop to fall asleep?  Breastfeeding, rocking, pacifier, etc?