Author Topic: Big boy bed  (Read 1507 times)

Offline evan's mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: October 25, 2005, 22:22:54 pm »
We will be moving into a new house at the end of May.  Currently ds (28 months) still sleeps in his crib.  He has only tried to get out once.  I like having him in the crib because otherwise I am sure he would not stay in the bed, and be a great sleeper like he is now.  He's spirited!  This weekend he took naps at his cousin's house in a big boy bed, and it was fine.  My question is when we move should we automatically set him up in the big bed so that we handle both transitions at once (the move and the new bed)?  Or should we get him used to the new house while still in his familiar crib and then attempt the change to the big boy bed later?

Offline Stacie:Emma&Josh Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 11
  • USA/Texas/Austin
Big boy bed
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 00:18:02 am »
Honestly, I think I'd try him in his big boy bed now!  But that's just me.  I would think if he did fine this weekend, then he may surprise you.  My dd is also spirited and I thought she'd never stay in a big girl bed, but she's only gotten out twice and I think she probably would've skipped those naps anyway (family in town and too hyped up).  She's been in her big girl bed for a few months now and still sleeping like she used to.  You could always try it and then go back to the crib if you need to maybe.  I'm just thinking getting him used to the big boy bed in his familiar surroundings might be better and he might start climbing out before May and then you'll be stuck with both the transition to the big boy bed and the move and won't get to decide that yourself.  We started potty training and the next day dd climbed out of her crib.  Thought she'd do it all at once I guess.  If you don't want to go ahead and do it, then I'd probably let him stay in his crib for awhile in the new house.  The move might be enough of a transition for him to handle...

Offline evan's mom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 19:49:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  By the way, I meant the end of NOVEMBER, not May!  I guess my concern is if he gets out at night, he won't know his way around the house yet????  Am I just worrying too much?