Author Topic: going into room 30 min after nap starts queston  (Read 1246 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
going into room 30 min after nap starts queston
« on: October 26, 2005, 16:48:44 pm »
I hve been doing EASY for 3 days now. During her naps I am going in 30 min after they start to help her prolong them. I place my hands on her and help her through the jolt. I used to have to do pu/pd now I just place my hands on her. My question is how long should I stay there for? I usually do 15 minutes. and eventually will she learn to sleep through without me doing this? and one more should I put my hands on her before the jolt or waite for it to start?

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 21:47:17 pm »
sounds like you're making some great progress!!  yay!!

you place your hands on her before the jolt & hold them there until you see she's jolted & stayed asleep.  gradually, you will see her stir, and her eyes won't even open anymore.

yes, you will be able to stop eventually.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 21:57:34 pm »
You are talking about the awake to sleep tech. and there is a great post at the top of this forum which should answer your questions and more!  Thread, it called "wake to sleep".

Don't hesitate to come back though if you need more support.

Welcome to the boards!

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 18:26:02 pm »
thank you. I am on day 4 now and she is needing these long naps more and more. before she used to wake up after 45 min and be happy. Now she wakes up and needs to go back to sleep. I think she is trying. still working hard, going in a few times per nap. extending them 2 hours now. Hopefully this will help her more and more each day

Offline GraysonsMommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 20:56:24 pm »
Allyson,
I see you got your answer already, but I just wanted to let you know that it will get better.  We had awful problems with naps and night time sleep, oh and the pacifier.  We worked through everything with the BW techniques and our son is sleeping wonderfully now!  We did wake to sleep for naps too.  It's time consuming, but it will pay off.  You will get to a point where you will notice that she is waking and all you have to do is touchher briefly, before she falls back into a comfy sleep.  Then, you will be able to watch her stir and go back to sleep on her own.  Once he started putting himself back to sleep on his own, I always stayed in a room nearby so when he stirred, I could listen.  I would wait to see if he was going to put himself back to sleep or fuss and need my help.  It's hard to determine when that is happening for you, but just try it every now and then.  When you think she's doing better, just stand by her crib, let her stir and see if she can do it herself, if not, you are there to help.  Grayson naps three times a day and lately, I've even been having to wake him after sometimes 2.5 hours!  I love knowing that his naps are a sure thing these days, what a change from the previous way things were!

You are doing great!!

Jessica
Grayson born 5/28/05
A Spirited and slightly Touchy little guy

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/luckylot1999/6f36d4a2.jpgimg07610qs.th.jpg[/img][/URL]