Author Topic: Waking @ 5AM......pls read  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Intransit

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
« on: October 26, 2005, 17:32:32 pm »
My son goes to sleep around 8pm or so, and has a dream feed @ 11pm. He does not usually wake during the night--ANYMORE(TG)--however he has begun to wake around 4:45-5:00 am, and be WIDE awake, and want to play etc...we try to put him back down with pat /shh...however, he just lifts his head and looks at us and smiles. Now, this may be a clear indication that he is ready to wake up and begin his day, however........he does not stay awake for 2 hours like he normally would..he stays for maybe an hour, and then back to bed.......and he will sleep for up to 3 hours. We try not to feed him, since he will make it a habit, Im sure..but when the "hunger cry" starts, we do give him 2 ounces..but no more. Any suggestions on this? Or points of view? Anything appreciated!Oh, and we do use a pace for bed time use only.Note: He also has started a 45 min nap in the morning--from 10-10:45 or so..and this is just since the main problem mentioned.
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Waking @ 5AM......pls read
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 20:47:42 pm »
Have you tried using the pacifier for the 5AM waking too? That helped us.

Also, keep him in the room and the room dark; he may WANT to play, but the less appealing you make it, the less likely he'll be to want to get up the next day.

You can also use pu/pd for the early waking.

Gotta run, baby awake! :)

Offline Intransit

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 22:47:20 pm »
Have tried the paci @ 5am...pu/pd isnt the best for him..he gets overwrought...and hard to calm down. Pat/shh normally works. If we give him a bit of a bottle, as I said, it works.....but not the best solution. Thanks
*Sarah*

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Waking @ 5AM......pls read
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 23:33:45 pm »
You aren't alone here, my ds who is the same age does it... my thought is that 5am is actually in evolutionary terms morning, so they wake up.
I tend to just leave him be & some of the time Liam goes back to sleep, others he wakes up & wants company/feed.
At this age I think you really just have to keep being consistent & hope that the habit gets broken
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Intransit

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 00:01:32 am »
Thanks for the support. Some days, he will go back to sleep..but the last 3, not the case.Luckily my husband has been home to stay up with him to feed him a bit, and put him to sleep afterwards..Im out of it before 7am! I was thinking..is putting to bed later a cure? even30 min ? I dontknow..
*Sarah*