Author Topic: waking early from nap when to time the next one????  (Read 1042 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
waking early from nap when to time the next one????
« on: October 26, 2005, 18:45:47 pm »
I have been doing EASY for 3 days now. It has been tough, but it is working. My 5 month old took a 1.5 hr. nap this morning and I put her down at 1 for another nap. She only slept for 1 hour because I gave her prune juice 1/2 hour before her nap and she had to burp. could not get her back to sleep. should I waite until the late day nap now so I do not mess up her clock that I am trying to train or give her a nap when she needs it?? she is on the 4 hour schedule. I am assuming to hold off until maybe 4 ish for her late day nap? what do I do??

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
waking early from nap when to time the next one????
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 22:12:15 pm »
Hi and welcome

I am so glad things are working for you, i think you find this is the case w/ BW'erering! 

That is a tough one and i have been there many times.  What i did was do my best to keep her awake until the next nap.  But also take into consideration a few things:

-how long is that from last waking? is it realistic for her or will she be totally overtired?
-if i put her down early, what time will it be till next next nap or bed time?  Is that realistic?

Sometimes i would split the difference to try to save the rest of the day.

Does that make sence?

Hope that helps.  Hang in there!