Author Topic: Need Help - When to Feed In Morning?  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Need Help - When to Feed In Morning?
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:00:22 am »
Hi there. My 11-week old is on 4-hour routine (although her evening feed is usually after only 3 hours). We don't dream feed as she sleeps better without it. She has been going anywhere overnight from 2:30-4 after her bedtime between 7:30/8. Last night she went utnil 4:30! I fed her and she went back o sleep a little after 5.

Question is, our wake time is normally between 7:15-8, I get her up at 8 if she is not awake. However, since she ate at 5:30, she may not want to eat much by 8 yet - she normally doesn't want a full bottle for this one anyway.

What do I do? Still get her up by 8 but get her dressed first and then try to feed her (so AEAS)? Or just feed and see what she will take and go from there? Or let her go until 8:30 if she wants and see if she is hungrier and ready to wake by then? I guess that might help with coming time change anyway...

Thanks.
Karen
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Gigismom

Need Help - When to Feed In Morning?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 21:02:11 pm »
i would let her go til 8:30 then wake and feed, even if it's just a smaller feed than normal.  that way, you will basically be on the new time after we change the clocks this weekend.