Author Topic: Scared of Mirror  (Read 2977 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Scared of Mirror
« on: October 27, 2005, 13:52:59 pm »
Just curious - Marisa seems very scared of mirrors - not the ones on toys (she doesn't seem to notice those much) but real mirrors. Lately I've tried showing her our reflection in the mirror while I'm holding her on my shoulder and she looks and seems confused and scared and starts to cry. Is this normal? Should I keep trying to get her used to it (because I know others have said a mirror is a good A time for their LOs) or just drop it?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline branwen

• Showing Appreciation 21
Scared of Mirror
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 14:15:47 pm »
not sure how old your baby is but until about 6/7 mon my dd was scared of them too, esp at 4 month and 5.  I think she thought it was another baby and didn't know who it was...if that makes sense. now at this age she loves them and tried to eat/kiss her reflection.
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Scared of Mirror
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 14:25:42 pm »
She's only 11 weeks. I think that may be what it is - she thinks it's someone else but recognizes me and then is confused... So just wait until she is older?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline branwen

• Showing Appreciation 21
Scared of Mirror
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 02:12:53 am »
I would wait a bit try around 5 months.  You can always continue to try it and see what happens.  I would give her lots of kisses in the mirror.  It seemed to help a little, but it was really sudden, one day she just decided she liked it...and then shortly after realized it was her! :D
Branwen
Mama to Eirwen 1/22/05