Author Topic: 3-4 hours?  (Read 989 times)

Offline CaedensMama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 166
    • Hand Full of Blessings
3-4 hours?
« on: October 27, 2005, 15:57:54 pm »
Right now we are doing pretty good at 3 hours between feeds, early morning may be an exception cause he often wants to eat right after waking regardless of how long it has been - kinda like his morning coffee fix!
But thru-out the day I am doing good at the at least 3 hours and trying to move to 4 hours apart. Some days are better then others and sometimes he goes 4 hours without too much problem and other times its a push for 3 hours.
Is it okay to flucuate between 3 and 4 hours apart? Without confusing the boy too much? Or should I stick with the 3 hours till he is more consistently ready?
We are struggling with night sleep as well, so if he is hungry at 3 hours during the day I have been feeding him cause I want to get better night sleep out of him, but I think he is getting close to ready for 4 hours cause he does it at least once a day.
Any opinions or thoughts here?

Also - we are teething which may be adding to my problems, first tooth is thru completely and the second one has broken thru the gum finally.

Thanks for any advice!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)
and Ailish due Sept 16, 2011

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
3-4 hours?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 18:30:28 pm »
I think it's fantastic you are so flexible. The length of the time between feeds isn't so important as just getting plenty of calories in during the day. Max would often go 4 hrs or 3 hrs or 2 hrs all in the same day. It seemed to be longer in the am, when I had more milk, and slowly shorter intervals as the day went on and my supply went down. HTH
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
3-4 hours?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 18:47:37 pm »
So - would 5-6 feeds a day be about right for him right now?
We have not introduced any solids yet and don't plan to until about 6 months.
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)

Offline Kayna

• Showing Appreciation 14
3-4 hours?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 18:53:41 pm »
Hi Jennifer. We are in the exact same boat right now. Slowly moving to 4 hour EASY but in no rush. I don't want my supply to go down and dd is not completely ready yet for a consistant 4-hour feed.

Like Stacy said, Avery can usually make it four hours in the AM (she has a huge morning feed) but as the afternoon moves on the less milk I have and she is eating more often. Again, which is fine by me because she is getting bigger and eating more and I want to make sure my production moves with her. KWIM? :wink:

We have not introduced solids yet either. Avery eats about 5-6 times per day as well.
Kayna
Eric DH Married 5/1/99
Daikon Neil 8/14/01
Avery Rose 6/13/05

Offline CaedensMama

• Hand Full of Blessings
3-4 hours?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 20:19:53 pm »
Thanks for the imput!
Caeden usually eats more in the mornings and can do his 4 hour stretchs after noon - he will often do 12-4 or 1-5. Usually when we are out and active and he has other things to see. It's harder when we are home alone and all he sees is food when I hold him! :D

We will keep going the way we are!
Jen
Mama to:
Caeden (6/05)
Colm (3/07)
Alannah (11/08)
Tadhg (8/10)