Author Topic: trying to extend naps, think I am waking her up more???  (Read 1326 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
trying to extend naps, think I am waking her up more???
« on: October 27, 2005, 17:20:06 pm »
I have a 5 month old an she generally takes 3 naps 45-1 hour each. I am on day 4 of EASY and have been going in at 30 min to help her through the jolt to extend her naps to consolidate them. she is a happy baby at 3 naps like she was doing before so not too sure if I should push her to 2 naps. Anyway I
I think I am disturbing her sleep when I walk in her room to place my hands on her and she wakes up from me doing that. will she just develop to nap longer as she gets a little older on her own or is this the only way to do so? Thanks for your help.
    We have come so far already on day 4. no more nursing or bottle feeding to sleep  :P  that is HUGE for me. not sure if I should tackle ont thing at a time

Diego's Mama

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:03:25 am »
How is nighttime sleep?

Good job on eliminating props!!

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:10:20 am »
Just wanted to add - have a look at the "awake to sleep" announcement - it has a ton of great info on awake to sleep and different options for this tech.

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 15:59:27 pm »
SHE sleeps great at night. sometimes 7-7 without a feed. Lately 7:30 to 6 or 7 with a feed at night sometime. It is not the same time every night so I know it is her being hungry. I tried a dream feed for a long time when she was younger and she did not do welll with it. she would wake up more when I did that. Since she has done 12 hrs. straight from time to time I think she can do it if she gets enough in during the day. some days she does not have a big appetite. What do you think I should do? She is taking 3-4 45-50 min naps. I have been trying for almost 7 days to do the wake to sleep and she seems liks she is having a hard time with it.

Diego's Mama

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 16:15:45 pm »
Three one hour naps is not that off course.  I think I'd hang tight and wait for her to consolidat to two naps.  They then should lengthen.

Do you use white noise?

Darken her room?

Does she use a pacifier?  That could be the culprit too if she does.  She may wake looking for it.  If you think you have a pacifier problem, check the props board.

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2005, 20:04:44 pm »
I just wanted to add, it take 2-3 weeks for an infants bio-ryth. to reset.  You are doing great, just give her time to catch up with you  :wink: