Author Topic: Going backwards  (Read 1132 times)

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: October 27, 2005, 17:39:32 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'm sure someone out there will be able to help me. I'm having a h*** of a day and normally I'm able to just take things in mu stride, and go about my day, but today is another story.

DD has been sown with a cold for about 10 days now, and it has thrown her whole routine out the window. We never really conquered the 45 minute monster (believe me, I tried), but every once in a while, I would get an afternoon nap from her, which was an hour long. Now, she wakes up between 6:30-7 and is ready for her first nap around 9, which earlier used to be 10. And her second nap consequently is 12:30-1, which means she still needs another one, which we had phased out a couple of months ago, which in turn throws out her night time sleep, and we're caught in this vicious cycle. Last night she finally fell asleep at 8:45 (her bedtime is 7:15-7:30) and to make up for the lack of sleep, took her first nap at 8:30. What do I do (apart from pulling my hair out???). She also seems to not get enough solids, since she's been wanting milk more frequently.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly apprecaite it. She is 10 months old.

Sumita
Mother of a textbook/touchy baby

Diego's Mama

Going backwards
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 02:04:34 am »
Is she over her cold?

Use a pacifier?

How does she initially fall asleep?

Do you use white noise?

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 03:27:58 am »
She still has a little of her cold, but does not use the pacifier. She goes to sleep independantly, after 5-10 minute of fussing, once I lay her down. On a good day, she woke up between 6:30-7, first nap at 10 (is that too long? If it is, then if I put her down sooner, she needs a second nap sooner 'coz she won't sleep longet than a half hour, and I end up having to give her a catnap, which at her age, should be phased out), and her second nap at 2:30, with bedtime at 7:15. I do not use white noise either.

Hope you can help me get her to take long naps.

Sumita

Diego's Mama

Going backwards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 17:40:08 pm »
She sleeps well at night?

Offline momofnewbaby

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 20:12:36 pm »
Yup, sleeps from 7:15/7:30 to 6:30. Thats what has me so stumped, that even if she wakes up during the night, she'll go back to sleep, but naps are a whole another story.

TIA.

Sumita