Author Topic: How many times a day  (Read 1064 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
How many times a day
« on: October 27, 2005, 19:50:05 pm »
I started trying DD on rice cereal monday.  She will eat a few bites one time, then really doesn't seem to get it the next.  I tried Monday night, Tuesday morning and evening and Wednesday morning and late afternoon.  How often should I be trying to do this?  I don't let her get upset or anything, so it's not really torture for her to be in the bouncy seat and try for a few minutes.  If she were fussing, or flatly refusing I would not force it and would wait a few weeks.  But so far she doesn't seem to mind.  Though she also doesn't seem to care whether I do this or not.  So my questions is can I start doing it three times a day?  She's not hardly eating anything at all, but would this help to establish a good routine and get practice?  Or should I stick to once or twice a day.

Also, how long did it take your babies to get the hang of the eating thing?  And do you keep them on rice cereal for a while before introducing anything else?  Instead just thickening the cereal up once they get used to it?

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
How many times a day
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 21:32:39 pm »
Here is a guide from babycenter.com

http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/baby/babyfeeding/1400680.html#3

I would just do once or twice a day at this age.
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th