Author Topic: Not sure if its normal???  (Read 921 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Not sure if its normal???
« on: October 27, 2005, 21:58:36 pm »
My 11 week old son usually goes to bed between 8 and 9pm.  I df at 10 or 11pm and he'll wake up at 3:30 or 4 am for a feeding, and then goes back to sleep.  He tosses and fusses from 5:30 and gets louder at 6 am - EVERY MORNING- we try paci (sometimes works), have picked him up and quicly falls back to sleep - but a restless sleep until about 7:30 or 8am when his day starts.  Is this normal?  Should he be going through the night w/o feeding?  What do I do about this 6 am wake up and his restlessness?  HELP?!  Thanks.
Alex :roll:
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 04:33:40 am »
all sounds very normal to me... even the restlessness at 6am. My ds did a lot of that & now seems past that stage. I think it is an evolutionary thing that 6am is morning (even though most of us think it is still night)

the only suggestion I would make is to try to be more consistent with the time of the bedtime & df... less than 20mins variation to keep his cicadium rythum for night sleeps/feeds consistent.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 17:00:31 pm »
Thanks for the reassurance!  What did you do when he would wake/fuss at 6 am?  Did you put him back to bed? Pick up????  Just trying to figure out whether I'm reenforcing the habit?
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob