Author Topic: Having trouble figuring out nighttime routine for 11 wk baby  (Read 1068 times)

Offline webbhouse

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Having trouble figuring out nighttime routine for 11 wk baby
« on: October 28, 2005, 04:04:20 am »
I just started implementing EASY into my son's schedule one day ago.  I have his daytime routine figured out.  The book shows a schedule for a 4 week old and 4-6 month old.  But I'm confused about what to do for the baby in between those ages - if and when to clusterfeed? when is final bedtime? is it ok to have a final feed before his bedtime.

I got him to sleep 8 hrs on my first try.  Beginners luck?  I don't plan on dream feeding until I see that he needs it.

Can someone tell me what a good night time routine/schedule is for an 11 week old (his weight is in the 75 percentile)?

Thank you!

Offline beamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
  • San Jose, California, USA
Having trouble figuring out nighttime routine for 11 wk baby
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 06:16:08 am »
hi there!  Congrats on the 8 hours! That's great!
My daughter is 10 weeks old and we basically go every 3 hours until late afternoon when we start clusterfeeding. So basically I feed her at 5pm 7pm and 9pm and then try to get her to sleep. 
I think there is a sticky post on the EASY forum with some schedules on it maybe?
We cluster feed from about 4 or 5 pm on, with some naps inbetween. Today she was overtired so I let her sleep a bit longer but it ended up working well.
It is fine to have the final feed before bedtime, but some people do the dream feed to get extended sleep.
Theo'smom has a good post on the first 3 months and has a good bedtime routine. I need to work on that and I'm trying to make her bedtme earlier. Right now it's 10pm or after, I'd like to gradually move it earlier and earlier.
good luck and hope this is helpful!
Bea
la mamá de Joseph, María y Monica