Author Topic: Wakes up EVERY 20/45 min interval -- is this normal??  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
Wakes up EVERY 20/45 min interval -- is this normal??
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2005, 02:43:34 am »
Luckymom - you could swaddle w/ 1 arm out and then move to both arms out but legs still swaddled etc.  What swaddle blanket to you use?  OR the auzzie swaddle (search this site) may work for you.

hlc662 - Tracy always recommended to get any medical issues resolved before moving forward w/ nap/sleep training.

You and Your LOs all are new to EASY yes?  It is normal for them to need lots of help at first.  It take 2-3 weeks to re-set the bio-rythems.

I'll keep on eye on your thread but it looks like you have found a great support group.

Offline hlc662

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2005, 14:50:46 pm »
THanks!  We have been seeing a GI, so I think her reflux is under control.  That is why I have had to wait 5 months to try BW.  Last night she slept from 7:30 until 6:30 without a peep!!!

Offline hlc662

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2005, 16:38:19 pm »
So far Riley has been sleeping an hour and 30  minutes!!!!!  I only had to go in there once after 45 minutes!!!!!

Offline luckymom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2005, 18:02:54 pm »
Hooray!

After a crazy pumpkin carving night lastnight, an exhausted LO went down at 9:30 and slept until 6:40 this morning with no events (I left one arm out per advice and also moved him up next to a bumper pad on that side for "support".  Morning nap was a bust, but we weren't at home, and so far this afternoon is at 1 hour with a brief wake up at 25 mins.  I noticed 3 signif. jolts between 10-13 minutes, and then that one at 25 mins.  But this is better than yesterday...

Offline hlc662

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2005, 18:05:21 pm »
That is great!!!  Hopefully we will keep up the progress!!!

Offline luckymom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 21:07:59 pm »
Well, bad news, we've had a major relapse.  Wed. & Thursday have been awful for naps, with him being very hard to get back down after waking at the 25 min mark and every 10 min after and not eating well because he can't stay awake on the boob.  I am at wits end again, and now this weekend we're going to the inlaws, which will put his schedule into upheaval!  I guess we start again next week??? I don't know if my heart can take it!

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2005, 22:13:08 pm »
Let your inlaws help LOTS and if they don't offer...ask them!  Plan on taking things as they come, don't stress about it one bit.

Then hopefully you will be ready and re-freshed next week!

Offline luckymom

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2005, 23:27:07 pm »
Thanks, I'll let you know how it goes.  I just really want him to nap well...this afternoon, after many attempts, he slept for an 1 and 20 solid, with a few wakes before that for a total of 2 hours!  I got so much done!!!  And he is so much happier when he's slept!