Author Topic: Naps Well at Daycare, Not for ME at Home!!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline peyton

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Naps Well at Daycare, Not for ME at Home!!
« on: October 28, 2005, 18:01:57 pm »
I take my 6 month old daughter to a private daycare twice a week for 6-8 hours each day.  There are about 4-5 other children there at the time.  My problem is that Peyton will nap at least twice at daycare for as long as 2-3 hours during each nap.  When I have her home with me the other 5 days of the week, she will not nap for longer than 30 minutes 3-4 times a day.  We just cannot figure it out. Any suggestions or anyone else hear of a similar problem???
Elaine

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 18:08:34 pm »
Sorry, don't have the answer for you. For us, it is the opposite. He'll sleep much better at home than in the daycare. I think I heard other people also say that kids sleep better at home.

Can you go there one day and observe? :)
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

Offline peyton

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 18:18:31 pm »
My sitter gives me specific details on what's going on when she puts Peyton down for a nap.  The only thing we can come up with is that she's exhausted from all the commotion at daycare and sleeps longer while it's very subdued at home and doesn't need to sleep as long.   Some suggested that she just doesn't want to sleep while she's with her Mommy and Daddy but I find that hard to swallow.
Elaine

Offline Ami ~ 3 girls' mom

• Showing Appreciation 70
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 18:56:22 pm »
I would love to find an answer to this.   :roll:  Same situation here!

Diego's Mama

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 16:16:52 pm »
Any idea if they let her CIO there?  If so, she could be exhausted from doing so........

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 01:56:54 am »
Quote from: Diego's Mama
Any idea if they let her CIO there?  If so, she could be exhausted from doing so........

That is what I was going to say. My day care baby does a lot more crying to sleep than my own kids did.  :oops:  :roll:  (I have 2 other kids to watch, no time to sit with him) He is a horrible sleeper at our house though, and at home.

Even if your sitter says she doesn't let her cry, I would still be skeptical...
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline peyton

• Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 22:20:53 pm »
The sitter says she rarely cries. but she does give her lots of bottles whenever fussy (she doesn't follow a schedule too much while at daycare but it's only two days and I can't expect her to follow my schedule to a "t").  I've even asked the other kids if she cries much and they say no, not at all.  I can only guess that she's just exhausted from the attention she gets all day with the other kids.  They just seem to love her.  This is probably the only time I can say I wish she had lots of siblings around her during the day when she's home with me.
Elaine