Author Topic: Calling out in the night  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Threadhead

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Calling out in the night
« on: October 29, 2005, 19:22:41 pm »
DD is now almost 18 months, and has been "properly" sleeping through the night for some time now.

But, for about 2 weeks, she has been waking at least once through the night and calling out for a bit, and then going back to sleep.  Her bedroom is right next to ours, and the walls are very thin, so I can hear her perfectly.  The first night she did this it was fairly funny - I was wakened to her shouting  "Oh, MAN!". 

However, now it is not so funny.  She calls "mam! ...MAM!! ....MAAAAM!! .......MAAAAAAAAAAM!!.......".  I dont have to get up to settle her, she soon gets fed up and goes back to sleep.

I dont know if I expect any advice on this.  Its not  a serious problem; DD is not really upset about it and neither am I.  Suppose I just want reassuance that I am not a terrible mother, as I dont get out my nice cosy bed when dd is calling for me.

Offline Lana

• Dragon Lady
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 1103
  • Red Ninjini
Calling out in the night
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 19:36:54 pm »
Not terrible at all.  I would only go if she is distressed and it would seem from your description that she is not.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Calling out in the night
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 02:54:19 am »
My 2 yo talks in his sleep & calls out & it is frustrating, but unless he is distressed I leave him be... I think he sleep talks.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05