Author Topic: 3 .5 week TONS of night waking  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
3 .5 week TONS of night waking
« on: November 03, 2005, 15:44:17 pm »
If he has mild reflux could that be affecting his night sleep? Grayson grunts all the time and overall dosen't seem like the happiest baby.

His night sleep is getting WORSE. After I nurse him I lay him down and he seems very sleepy and ready to drift off but 5-10 min later he is up crying. It starts out as grunting and goes from there. I have a very difficult if not impossible time calming him without the pacifier at night. Could this be because of reflux? During the day he is upright longer because we have A time then Sleep. At night we try VERY hard to get a burp and lay him down.

If we do give him the paci it will take it a little but then cry after it comes out. Although I think he gets sick of it and wants it out but cannot continue to fall asleep.

This morning he went down for his nap with gentle patting and pressure on his body so I know he can do it but at night he just won't.

What am I doing wrong?
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline rooby-rooby-roo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 108
  • Do what you always do - get what you always got
3 .5 week TONS of night waking
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 20:03:36 pm »
Hi there Jen,

The reflux could be causing some night time problems, it did with Red in those first few weeks. Try propping the head end of his crib/ moses basket up, just create a small incline, then roll up another blanket and curl it round to create a little resting place for him - so ensure he doesn't slip down. Are you swaddling? Reflux babies do tend to be more touchy and Red still cannot sleep with out his swaddle - the tighter the better. Red uses a paci - again it helps loads with the reflux, i think if you are sensible with its use then it won't be too much of a problem later - but right now i would use it if it works now and deal with the consequences when things are a bit smoother later on!!

Red would wake in the night with tummy pain and gas - is he ok in that department? Are you planning to take him to the docs about the reflux?
Clair - Proud Lesbian Mama to:

*Ruby - spirited angel
*Red - touchy angel
*Rory - all-round angel
*Raphael - blessed with another angel??