Author Topic: altered form of pat/shh - works like charm  (Read 1119 times)

Offline TayTay'smummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
altered form of pat/shh - works like charm
« on: October 31, 2005, 03:27:00 am »
I had been trying pat/shh for weeks with very minimal success. But, in the past few days, I've have found a form of pat/shh that has worked incredibly well, put touchy baby to sleep within minutes and she's down for a few hours. Instead of patting her on the back, I pat her on the bum, fairly firmly to the rhythm of a clock, on her side while saying shhh, it is working so well for us. I tried going back to patting her on the back and it take forever to put her to sleep.

Just wanted to share this new found trick that I know works for my little girl, maybe not for all babes, but this one responds so well, it is such a relief.  Has anyone else found that patting on the bum works really well ? :D
Mummy to Miss Taylor (Born Sept.14/05)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 13:31:20 pm »
Yup, same thing with mine.  If she wakes and can't settle herself, a few pats on the tush and she's out again.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline Lucysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 22:33:04 pm »
Yup, Lucy loved to have her butt patted but quickly.  My sister was colicky and my mom says she spent days on end patting her butt.  To this day she wiggles her butt when she is going to sleep (she is 33!!!!).   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   She does not hang out on this site so there should not be any repercussions from sharing this embarassing tidbit!