Author Topic: Wakes every hour-sometimes more!  (Read 1060 times)

Offline matthew'smom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 31, 2005, 16:18:52 pm »
:( We are on day seven of pu/pd and I have to say I am at my wit's end!
I knew this would be tough, but it is torture!
Matthew is 8 1/2 months old and co slept with me 'til I started this and he nursed all night.

Matthew goes down for his naps and sleeps great. He also goes down at bed time great. The problem is once he has slept three to four hours -it turns into hell!!! He then wakes every hour or sometimes half hour!!!
I am soo tired I don't know what to do. He did have a slight fever-but is not ill. It has gone now but I did notice more teeth coming in. Could this be the reason he is waking????
Please help!
Leah, mom to Matthew 01/30/05

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Wakes every hour-sometimes more!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 02:54:14 am »
Teething could well be a problem, my ds#1 woke hourly with his first few. Also a slight fever is enough to make sleep irregular
Finally you may be at the regression stage with pu/pd, so keep consistent & if it doesn't improve in the next 2 days, you may be doing something not quiet right & it may be an idea to post how you are doing it on the pu/pd board.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline kate585

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 78
  • My darling redheads!!!
Wakes every hour-sometimes more!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 03:20:35 am »
For Day 7 after all those months of being so close to you, I'd say you're both doing great!!!  I know it's gotta be hard, but you have come so far, don't give up now! 
He's used to waking up in the night, rolling over, grabbing a nip and going back to sleep. The fact that he's napping and going down for 3-4 hours is amazing to me! 
I'm sure the teeth are affecting it, too.  My ds has no teeth yet, so I'm not much help there.  Just wanted to pop on and give you my cheers.
Keep up the good work!
Kate,