Author Topic: Night Wakings  (Read 1264 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Night Wakings
« on: October 31, 2005, 07:34:10 am »
My DD is waking during the night.  I am now going switching to 4 hr EASY, so will that cease?  She is not hungry though.

Also, she can't stay awake for more than 1.15hr - 1.30hr, so in fact her nap times will be 2.30 hr x 2 and 1 x 45mins.  I think this is to long daytime sleep.  What should I do?

At naptimes she wakes up after 45 mins, breaks out of the swaddle.  If she is really tired I reswaddle and she goes back to sleep.  If she isn't that tired she will wake.  If it is her next feed time and she is tired, what should I do then?
 :?
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Night Wakings
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 10:53:02 am »
Switching to 4 hour Easy may help & you may find over the time it takes to switch... you can't easily just go from 3-4 her awake time may lengthen to 2 hours.
But from the sounds of it if she regularly does 45min naps that is the main cause of the night waking... although at 4mo you can't really rule out hunger 2 feeds between 7pm & 7am is within the relms od normal for a 4mo.
Re the 45min naps i would have to say you should resettle if she sleeps less than 1 hour & keep trying for a 1/2 hour. I am thinking one of the reasons she only stays awake max 1.5 hours is maybe that she doesn't have long enough sleeps, I know that was the case with my ds#1, once we got him having 1.5 hour sleeps he could stay awake much longer. that said some babies can't stay awake that long, but with short naps they only catch up on what they need & the cycle continues.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline corrina01

• Norfolk, UK
Night Wakings
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 14:30:28 pm »
She is doing a 3.5hr easy at the mo. She does 45 mins and then I have to reswaddle her and then she will take another 45mins.  Sometimes straight away other times I have to resettle her anywhere from about 15 -30 mins.

Today for example she had 1.30 (total sleep) from 8.45 to 10.30am. She had 2 hrs starting at 12noon. She is already starting to fuss at 3.15pm (feed at 2pm).  So I am my wits end what to do.

I stopped night feeding about 3 weeks ago.  She will take her DF at 10.15pm (4oz) and then feed again at 7am (4oz) the rest of feed times 5oz - 6oz.   So I am pretty sure she isn't hungry as she takes very little at the morning feed.
Corrina
Mum to Faith

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Night Wakings
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 20:36:08 pm »
When she fusses during the wake time, what happens if you give her a change of scene or move her from tummy to back or back to tummy.
my ds#2 fusses when he is sick of the same environment, take him to another room & he is happy again... just at thought
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline corrina01

• Norfolk, UK
Night Wakings
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 07:16:54 am »
When she fusses I take her to mummy and daddys bedroom, where she is quiet happy, and when I see her eyes start to close, I try and keep her awake for about 5 mins longer but she fusses for her bed.
Corrina
Mum to Faith