Author Topic: 5 week old only sleeps 5 hours every night!!!!!!  (Read 1345 times)

adeleaibsen

5 week old only sleeps 5 hours every night!!!!!!
« on: November 02, 2005, 11:26:59 am »
my daughter sleeps on average 9 hours out of 24! my husband and i have been tracking this information and my mid-wife does not know what to do. she sleeps in general 5-6 hours a night and 3-4 in the day. it has been like this for weeks now and i am dying. after her first feeding in the night she is awake at least 2 hours then only cat naps afterwards.  we keep low lighting, don't change diaper, don't talk to her, have severaly lessened day time sleep, etc. to say that I a going crazy is an understatement. any help is appreciated!

Offline frasersmummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 week old only sleeps 5 hours every night!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 19:27:01 pm »
Maybe she's not sleeping enough in the day? I know it sounds ridiculous but if she's over tired - which she could be only having 9 hours - then she might not be settling into proper sleep at night . It might be worth letting her sleep more in the day, for say a day or two and see if she increases her night sleep. i know my son was a terrible sleeper for the first 4 months but is better now at night but only when he has good day sleep otherwise its a disaster! good luck - it does get better! xx