Author Topic: Terrible naps  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Kim Williams

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Terrible naps
« on: October 31, 2005, 13:14:59 pm »
Hi there
My little boy Jack is 13 weeks old and has slept through the night from 10 weeks (no dream feed).  He settles very well at bed time.
Nap time however is a different story.! I started EASY when he was 8 weeks old and he napped very well, 1.5 hour on average then its slipped to 45 mins and now we are on 30mins.  The problem is its making him very cranky so I know he is not getting enough sleep in the day.  Ive tried the wake to sleep and it rarely works for him.  He just wont go back to sleep!  Has anyone got any advice?
Mum to my little texbook boy Jack

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Terrible naps
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 16:28:24 pm »
My daughter is 15 weeks old and we're having the same problem, although I don't think we ever had 1.5 hour naps...  She is very grumpy at night.  I've tried the wake to sleep and it works in the late afternoon but the morning she doesn't go back into a deep sleep no matter how persistant I am.  It's very frustrating, so you're not alone at least!
Tracey

Offline Kim Williams

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Terrible naps
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 18:42:17 pm »
thanks Tracy, its good to know im not alone!  We have a bed time routine which he loves and settles very well.  Maybe we need a nap routine??  Does anyone have any idea what to do for wind down for naps?
Mum to my little texbook boy Jack

Offline tracefo

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Terrible naps
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 20:36:09 pm »
Our nap routine is diaper change, pull the shade both in her room, swaddle in my room, soother and sit down and either read a story or sing songs for 5 minutes then to bed.  She falls asleep with very little problem it's the staying asleep that has me going crazy!
Tracey