Author Topic: can baby's change personalities ?  (Read 1363 times)

Offline TayTay'smummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
can baby's change personalities ?
« on: October 31, 2005, 15:07:04 pm »
My lo is six weeks old and has suddenly shifted from being a angel/touchy baby to a definite spirited one. I'm a little confused. Can baby's switch personalities, which is there true one ?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10723;121/st/20050914/n/Taylor+Michele/dt/-1/k/d8f5/age.png[/img]
[/url]
Mummy to Miss Taylor (Born Sept.14/05)

Offline evanskimberley

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 15:47:01 pm »
I'm sure my DD has, she is very laid back, and therfore as a baby she was an Angel baby. However she became very spirited once she could do stuff like move about and be vocal, and for the past three months I would say she was very touchy as she really suffered from separation anxiety.

i think she's got a bit of all three in her and it depends on what we are currently going through as to which ones shows through more!!
Kimberley

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 02:34:43 am »
i think they can as they go through changes in their routine or development.  in our case until we got olivia's sleeping sorted out (she was always overtired) she was mostly spirited with a bit of angel in there. now she is equal parts spirited/angel/textbook.

6 weeks is a big time for change in babies so consider everything if she is being spirited - is her A time too long??  that can lead to overtiredness and hard to settle for sleeps which can make any baby seem spirited.  also - a previously sleepy baby that awakens to the world can then be spirited if they cannot shut out the stimulation or let go enough to get some sleep.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • And now there are two...
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 22:40:50 pm »
I was always sure Marli was spirited she was over stimulated easily hard to settle etc. But once she got her sleeping patterns sorted she transformed. She became more textbook. I always believed she has been over tired for 5 months!!! or maybe i am slowly starting to read her signals better?? So i guess they can change but I think it also is probably the parents adapting too? ANd Being babies one day they are one personality the next day a completely different one!