Author Topic: still trying to break the habit of night waking at 9 mths  (Read 938 times)

Offline mlindsey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
still trying to break the habit of night waking at 9 mths
« on: November 03, 2005, 00:58:40 am »
Our 9 month old daughter started night waking about a month ago during an illness... so we started feeding her since she wasn't eating much during the day.  & We decided to break the habit about 2 weeks ago.  We decided to wait until 7:30am to feed her...since she often woke at this time.  Now some nights she sleeps all the way through.  But more times she wakes at 4 or 5:30am & will whine & cry for hours!  Is it possible that she could be hungry.  i know that Tracy says in her book that it's rare for babies to wake from hunger at this age.  But she does have reflux & eats pretty small amounts for her age.  & normally she doesn't have trouble going back to sleep (for naps & in the past).  It's been 2 weeks since we've fed her in the night.  We usually just leave her alone...because if we try to pick her up, she becomes wide awake.   Does anyone have any suggestions??  We've thought about doing wake to sleep...but she's not really waking at the same time.  Could this be hunger?  How do we know how much she needs?  also, we are still doing the dreamfeed because we can't seem to add much to her feedings in the day.  But her solids are starting to become more & more stable (she's eating 5oz of solids a day)...so could this be there problem?  Should we go ahead & try to drop the dreamfeed even though she's not sleeping through the night?  She weighs about 10 kg & eats 25oz of formula & 5 oz of solids.  i know every baby is different but do you think this is enough?  i would love any advice or help!  Thanks!
Misty

Offline mlindsey

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
still trying to break the habit of night waking at 9 mths
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 01:22:19 am »
Another question...someone told me that i should have her ears checked...that if she had fluid in her ears that it can cause problems with sleeping (but she's not screaming when i put her down or when she wakes).  she has been pulling with her ears a lot.  however, she just cut her first tooth last week...so it could be from that.  Anyway, just wondering if anyone has heard of this.  the doctor said that if she wasn't running a fever, he wouldn't do anything.  Anyway, just another thought. 
thanks!
misty