Author Topic: Too young for a 4 hour EASY???  (Read 977 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Too young for a 4 hour EASY???
« on: October 31, 2005, 18:33:07 pm »
Hi - My 12 week old son has been on easy since he was a newborn... he weighed 8lbs4oz and has gained weight and grown great.  He now weighs lmost 15 lbs and seems to be on a 4 hour feeding... more between 3.5 and 4 hours between feedings.  It just happened that way - he does not show any signs of hunger before 3.5 hours ... Is he too young?  Obviously this also affects his other stuff ... sleep and awake time.
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 19:49:34 pm »
Some babies are ready earlier than others, good for you for reading his cues. I would say try to get 5-6 feeds in per day, at least. If you find that he is waking up to feed more than twice per night, you should encourage more day time feeds.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

annamum

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 23:05:31 pm »
I agree with GraceKellysmom. If he does wake at night, try to increase the number of feeds during the day. Some babies are like that, just make sure he produces enough wet and dirty diapers.

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 18:44:23 pm »
Thanks for your feedback!  Actually he has been sleeping through the night the last few days... with a df at 10:30 or so!  I am keeping my fingers crossed?!
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 19:23:30 pm »
Some will continue to sleep through and some will be bothered by teething and such and start waking again. I always say, enjoy it!
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies