Author Topic: What is the general guidelines/schedule for starting food?  (Read 1080 times)

Offline jmcdowall

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What is the general guidelines/schedule for starting food?
« on: October 31, 2005, 23:43:54 pm »
I have a 6 month old girl and I am LOST  :?

Okay so how do you know how much food, schedule, affect on nap ect...  right now we are kind of all over the map and 2 nannies isn't helping - I am wanting to make a guideline but not sure what it should look like.  Should she only have solids 1 x day or 2 x day also should she have rice cereal at one feeding and fruit/veg at another or rice at both with a fruit/veg????   Where does one find these types of answers????
Does anyone have a schedule/guideline from 6 months to 1 year???
Thanks so much, Please HELP!
JKM - 1st time mom in Seattle

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
What is the general guidelines/schedule for starting food?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 14:17:09 pm »
It's not as hard as it looks.  I was terrified too.  The easiest thing I found to do was give him one meal of cereal at night before bath (cause it gets messy!)  Once he had the hang of eating from a spoon (one to two weeks)  I added another serving of cereal earlier in the day.  Then came the introduction of new foods (veggies, fruits) and within a month or two he was eating three meals a day and having about four bottles.  We started at around four month old if I remember correctly.  So we got passed all the new foods (takes for frickin ever) and he worked himself up to eating three good meals a day and a bottle between each and one before bed.  Just take your time with it.  Do a little bit every day so he gets used to the spoon, and spread some newspaper under the high chair. :wink:   Just at this point stop when he wants to stop.  Don't force it, just try every day.  HTH

Crystal

Offline LindseysMom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Lincolnton, NC, USA
Lynne
Registered Nurse now Sahm
Mom to Lindsey Elizabeth 10/28/04
Baby girl due December 8th