Author Topic: I think I need a better routine  (Read 989 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
I think I need a better routine
« on: November 01, 2005, 03:38:35 am »
I'm really having trouble with our winddown routine.  Everything seems to stimulate dd, so nothing I can think of except walking around helps the relaxation.  Problem is I don't want to have to walk around for 15 min every naptime, and sometimes that just doesn't cut it.  It used to be the swaddle was a great cue, but we are no longer using it so I don't know what else to do.

Diego's Mama

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 18:46:03 pm »
How about wrap her, even if her arms are out, hold her on up on your shoulder and sing the same lullably before putting her down.  Pat/shh or pu/pd until she settles.

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 18:54:12 pm »
I actually do something like that.  I lay her down on the bed, just as I used to when I swaddled her.  Then I wrap her legs in a long blanket.  Then I pick her up and sit in the rocking chair and hum a lullaby.  Always the same one.  I just wasn't sure if that was considered part of the winddown or if I needed to stretch it out.  Just walking around seems a bit abrupt.  I tried reading books or playing with a soft toy, but that just amps her up again.  I guess I'm stuck with walking for now till she gets to the point where maybe books will relax her.