Author Topic: Whats going on?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Whats going on?
« on: November 01, 2005, 12:07:43 pm »
Hi

My dd is 4.5 months old and has very mild reflux for which we give her gaviscon in her feeds.. she had been taking her bottles really well, 7/8oz per bottle (she is only on 4 and sleeps 12 hours at night).

For the past few days we seem to have taken a step backwards, her feeds are getting longer and longer and today she has only had 6oz at her feed.  I am very confused and getting a bit worried.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lizzie

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Whats going on?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 13:04:15 pm »
Have you tried a faster teat? - maybe she is getting fed up with the flow rate and that has stopped her from taking a full feed. 

Your lo could also have gone through a growth spurt and now her feeding is going back down to her 'normal' level.  If she is content between feeds and is still sleeping through then the lower amount of milk is enough to satisfy her.

There is probably nothing at all to worry about

take care

Seona

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Whats going on?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 14:31:21 pm »
Hi

Thanks for that... She is certainly still content between feeds and no problem sleeping through the night, she is also very tiny so maybe just doesnt need so much.

I have enough with the dreaded 45 minute naps and the start of teething, so I could do without something else to worry about!

Thanks
Lizzie