Author Topic: 5 month old wakes up at 5 & Poops  (Read 986 times)

Offline kalbrecht

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 01, 2005, 14:45:27 pm »
What should I do?  Is there any way to change his bowel movements to say 7 or 8 instead of 5.  He has always done this and I thought he would grow out of it but he hasn't yet and we're getting pretty tired because we can't just let him play in the crib and he's already wide awake and won't go back to sleep!!!
Kari

Owen May 13, 2005

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
5 month old wakes up at 5 & Poops
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 19:28:45 pm »
oh i wish there was a way to change it!!!

the best i have come up with is that there are some foods that make my lo poop easier than others, so i try to give them to him earlier in the day so he poops before bedtime!   :lol:

since your lo is likely not on solids yet, you may just have to wait him out.  if you are bf, maybe something in your diet will help, though i have no idea what!

i would wait to go to him till he cries, then treat it like a nightwaking.  change his diaper & put him back to bed.  no lights, no talking, no eye contact.  do pat/shh or pu/pd or whatever until he is asleep or it is the wake up time you want.

sorry that's not much help, but that's all i've got!
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline makaela's mom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 month old wakes up at 5 & Poops
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 17:45:08 pm »
Have you had any success?  Our children are only 10 days apart and we are going through similar scenario.  Let me know if you've discovered anything that works.  THANKS :)