Author Topic: feed in night, not hungry for first morning feed  (Read 967 times)

Offline Ava's mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
feed in night, not hungry for first morning feed
« on: November 01, 2005, 22:33:07 pm »
Hey,

my 6 month old was naturally progressing to a 4 hour schedule but has strated waking for a second feeding mid morning around 3am. He feeds last at night at 10-11pm. I have also been sick the last 4 days and was starting to worry whether illness has impacted on my milk supply? Is that possible? And so he is hungry more?? Anyway, if he feeds 3am he is not so interested when he wakes at 7-7.30am, and I try to offer the breast up to an hour after and he continues to reject? I am confused about what to do. It seems reasonable that if I did not feed him at 3 and tried other ways of settling him he would be hungry at 7, but he takes a full feed at 3 so I know he is hungry??

Advice welcome. What are the clear signs baby is ready for a 4 hour easy too by the way?

Lisa
Ava's mum July 3, 2003
Joseph's mum May `6, 2005

annamum

feed in night, not hungry for first morning feed
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 00:22:28 am »
Hi,

At around 6 months babies go through a growth spurt, they need to feed more often to increase your supply, so that could be it. Also, you mentioned that you were sick and that definitely can affect your supply. You will need to take as much rest as you can, I know how impossible this seems when you have a baby and toddler, but at least drink a lot of water and have a good diet.

Another thing, I remember when my dd was 6 or 7 months old, she was also waking more at night and I nursed her, she had no apetite at all for her morning feed. She could actually go from 4 am feed till noon  :shock:. This lasted a week or so, later she went back to her normal feeding pattern.