Author Topic: introducing the Dream Feed ..help!!!  (Read 970 times)

Offline midge

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 02, 2005, 09:03:18 am »
Hi

I have just recently introduced a dream feed at 10.30 in the hope of getting Felix to sleep through the night. He previously was sleeping from 7pm-1.30am. And then waking in the night around 4am and then 7am. Thing seem to have gone disastrously wrong .. its been 8 days now and he now wakes around 10.30 pm then 1.30(which I think is habitual and then almost every hour(I give him the dummy to get him to sleep againas I don't think he is hungry) untill 3.30 . I then feed him, and he wakes at six. I am getting into a right pickle. I am afraid that I have accidentally convinced him to eat more at night. at the moment he is feeding at 6am, 9am,12am,3pm, 6pm, 10.30pm and 3.30am. Any advice would be very appreciated as I am begginng to feel that I am sliding into accidental parenting :shock: . Should I drop a feed if so which one. Felix takes a dummy is 13lb and 3 months and 1week old.

Hope this makes sense

Midge

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
introducing the Dream Feed ..help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2005, 02:09:57 am »
Sorry this went unanswered for so long!  What a cutie!

Felix is a pretty good size, so I'm wondering if he's getting enough to eat during the day.  Is he nursed or formula fed?  Every 3 hours sounds good but since he's 13 lbs at 3 mo, he may need more food somewhere along the line.  He's also at the 3 month growth spurt so that may be messing things up.

Also, df don't work for all babies.  When I tried adding one to my ds's routine it messed things up as well, so I just dropped it.  Not all babies need the df.  I suggest dropping the df and see what happens.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna