Author Topic: Will PU/PD for naps affect Nightime sleep?  (Read 964 times)

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Will PU/PD for naps affect Nightime sleep?
« on: November 02, 2005, 14:51:07 pm »
Hi

After some great success with patshush to extend my dd 45 naps, she has now decided to wake up in full wail mode!! (previously she just used to grizzle and pat/shush would soothe her back to sleep).

I used pu/pd some time ago to get her off her dummy and it worked brilliantly, so today I tried it again, Scarlett is a big fan of thumb sucking (when she can find it) so I put her on her side with rolled towels either side to encourage her to find her thumb, it only took 20 mins of pu/pd to get her back to sleep again.. brilliant!!

My question is will changing her sleeping position affect her night sleep at all?  Her bedtime routine has never changed since day one and we have been reaping the rewards of that for some time now as she sleeps for 12 hours and goes to be awake and sends herself off no problem.  So I have no need to change anything at bedtime, its purely daytime sleep that is the problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
Lizzie

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 15:45:02 pm »
Hi you didn't say how old your LO is, but to answer your question...it shouldn't effect night sleep.  Day and night sleep are different parts of the brain i have read.  That is why there are soo many LOs who sleep great at night and can put them selves back to sleep but can't get thru more then 1 sleep cycle at nap time.

Offline scarletts mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2005, 16:03:10 pm »
Hi

She is 4.5 months.... cant believe how quick its going!

Thanks
Lizzie