Author Topic: Not Adjusting to Daylight Savings, what to try???  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Nate'sMommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
Not Adjusting to Daylight Savings, what to try???
« on: November 02, 2005, 15:51:05 pm »
Neither of my boys are making any kind of stride to adjust to the recent time change.  Weird, because I never remember it being and issue with Nate before.

Since Sunday, both boys have been up at 5am or 5:15am FOR THE DAY!  Ian, today, went back to sleep after an hour of babbling and fussing, but only for an hour.

We have resumed a normal nap and bed schedule - Ian at 7pm, Nate at 8.  Ian naps 2x a day (although due to the early wake ups we often get a 3rd, 20 minute cat nap to get to bedtime.)  Nate naps 1x.

Probably not related, but Ian now has also resumed a nightwaking at about 2am.  Before, we only had a habitual 4am.  Stupid me, I fed him and now we have THAT back too!!!

What should I try?  Do I need to mess with the nap and bed times even though they are where I want them to be?  5am is just too dang early.  I would love 7am, but at this point, I'll take 6!!!!
Kelli ~ Nate AND Ian's mommy

Offline ellas mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 09:21:42 am »
Hi Nate's mum.

Unfortunately i ahve no advice for you but am having the exact same problem. My little girl was waking between 630 and 7am now it's 530 and 6am. I ahve had to move her first nap forward and extend it to try and stay on track for the rest of the day. I really want to nip it in the bud before it becomes her new routine so am going to keep checking for any advice you might receive.

Good luck
Tracey and ella

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 01:48:19 am »
Kelli and Tracey, how are things going with your lo's?  Are they starting to adjust to the time change?  If they haven't, there's an announcement in this forum that may help:

How to adjust to daylight savings
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna