Author Topic: Errands and EASY  (Read 1256 times)

newbymommy

Errands and EASY
« on: December 23, 2005, 22:21:53 pm »
Okay, so we've been doing EASY for two weeks now and though it's hard at times to get little one to cooperate with naps it seems to be working great. He's 10 weeks and we all are settling into a more predictable routine that gives us the confidence to better interpret why he's crying, what he needs etc. He's just an all-around happier baby and generally sleeps very well.

One question...EASY doesn't seem to leave time for simple trips to the grocery store or walking outside in the stroller. Maybe this is taking things too literally but if he's supposed to fall asleep in his crib for every nap and he falls asleep the second I put him in his carseat for errands or walks around the block does that count as an activity or as a sleep? Does this make sense? I feel sometimes like I can't leave the house for fear of upsetting his routine. Is this something I need to grin and bear the first few months or is there a simple solution?

Offline GabrielleD

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
Errands and EASY
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2005, 22:46:23 pm »
I had the exact same question when I started EASY. I finally figured that since DS fell asleep whenever I put him in the car seat, I just counted that as a nap. I figured that if he occasionally had a nap in the car seat while I ran errands, it won't be the end of the world. He has no problems falling asleep in his crib for his regular naps, since the car seat naps are only occasional ones. HTH

Gigismom

Errands and EASY
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 17:37:34 pm »
i had the same problem when my dd was really young.  so i tried to just run errands when dh could watch her.  but once she was falling asleep on her own very well and i knew she could do it, i would sometimes run errands and give her a nap in the car seat or stroller.  i think that is good for them to do once in a while anyway so they learn to be adaptable.  your son is still young, so i know it is hard at that age, but it gets much easier!