Author Topic: wake from nap?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline maricar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
wake from nap?
« on: November 02, 2005, 18:27:33 pm »
i'm a little confused.  today, ds woke up at 7:45 and bf.  fell asleep after 2 hrs & 20 minutes of being awake.  he went down for his morning nap at 10:05.  according to the 4 hour schedule that we're (more or less) following, his next feeding should be at 11:45.  he was still sleeping at this time.  he ended up waking at 11:55 which is not too far off but should i have waken him at 11:45 or could i have let him sleep for 2 full hours?  i know the bw says to only let them sleep until their next feed time but also that naps should be between 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  if this situation happens everyday, i don't know if i'd feel right about waking ds up from his naps everyday.  any insights?

thanks

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
wake from nap?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2005, 22:42:58 pm »
i think it depends on the kind of day you're having.  if your lo has been just crazy, or is sick, then i'd be more inclined to let him sleep.

that being said, 10 minutes isn't all that bad.  if he was well & happy, personally i'd get him up by no later than then, just to make sure he got all the calories he needed to eat during the day.

my 2 cents.   :wink:
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
wake from nap?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2005, 01:46:01 am »
It also depends on how old the baby is.  Like Jaime said, an extra 10 minutes of sleep is not a big deal for whatever age.  With older babies, even 30 min is no big deal as long as they get fed when they wake up.  For younger babies, you would have to wake them if they slept for too long.

I'd say let him sleep for a little while longer.  There's no need to wake him to eat.  If he were hungry he'd be awake and letting you know.   :D
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline maricar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
wake from nap?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2005, 02:46:11 am »
great!  thanks so much :D